Product counterfeiting, tampering, and theft are persistent problems for many companies in nearly every industry. As a result, the demand for tamper-evident security products has grown significantly and will continue to increase as businesses look for ways to secure their products, packaging, and product warranties. Tamper evident labels are designed to secure the items they are applied to by serving as a visual deterrent against tampering, as well as providing visible evidence of tampering or attempted tampering.
At NADCO, our tamper-evident products secure and protect a wide variety of items, ranging from high-value products to important documentation and more. After applying a security label, any attempted tampering with a product will be clearly visible. We supply a variety of tamper-evident features that vary according to product label needs.
What Are the Rules and Regulations With Tamper Evident Labels?
According to FDA regulations, tamper-evident packaging must have one or more barriers to entry or indicators that tampering has occurred. This packaging must provide consumers with visible evidence that tampering has occurred. Additionally, the FDA requires tamper-evident labels to feature a distinctive design and unique composition so that consumers can be confident they are authentic and not false duplicates. Creating a distinctive label is achieved in a number of ways. For example, using materials or printing that aren’t easily copied, and choosing design features that leave visible evidence of tampering.
Is There a Difference Between Tamper Evident and Food Sealing?
The key difference between tamper-evident labels and food sealing labels is the presence of security slits. Tamper-evident labels feature small cuts on the front face of the label that tear apart when the package is opened or the label is removed. The small broken label pieces prevent the label from being reapplied and are clear evidence of tampering.
Food sealing labels, also referred to as food safety labels, do not feature these security slits. Food sealing labels keep boxes, bags, pouches, and other containers closed during delivery using a permanent adhesive. These adhesives also can be used to provide space for branding and custom messaging.
Why Should You Use Tamper Evident Packaging for Your Products?
Keeping your products secure is an essential aspect of gaining customers’ trust and ensuring the longevity of your brand. Regardless of your industry, nearly all products on the market today are handled many times after packaging. The journey from your warehouse to the product’s placement in a retail store or delivery to the customer provides many opportunities for tampering or theft to occur.
Adding tamper-evident labels demonstrates your concern for your customers’ well-being and can help you build customer loyalty. These labels also ensure that anyone planning to harm others won’t be able to use your products as a means to do so. In addition to deterring tragedies like this from occurring, tamper-evident packaging prevents the loss of revenue while your products are handled in retail environments.
Protect Your Products With NADCO
Including a tamper-evident label on your products is a simple way to ensure they arrive in your customer’s hands in the same condition in which they were produced. Additionally, there are more counterfeit products on the market than ever before, making it challenging for consumers to be confident they have an authentic product. Tamper-evident labels build trust and can increase customer satisfaction with your product.
At NADCO, we develop customized tapes and labels for a range of applications. Our experts can work with you to create personalized tamper-evident labels that are effective, attractive, and match your brand image. If you have questions about the specific tamper-evident technology we use or our product selection, contact us. When you’re ready to develop a solution, request a quote.
For consumer safety, it’s important that food items be resistant to tampering—or offer a clear indication if the product has been tampered with. There are several reasons a person may intentionally alter or contaminate a food product, ranging from theft to a simple desire to cause damage or perform a prank on social media. Unfortunately, this food tampering is dangerous for the consumer and bad for your business.
Tamper-evident packaging and labels are a great way to alert consumers that a product has been tampered with. According to the Food and Drug Administration, “A tamper-evident package is one having one or more indicators or barriers to entry which, if breached or missing, can reasonably be expected to provide visible evidence to consumers that tampering has occurred.” These seals or barriers should be distinctive and not easily duplicated by the public.
Of course, tamper-evident labels are only one consideration for your food and beverage products. There are many regulations and best practices that outline what type of information must be included on your custom food and beverage labels, including ingredients, nutritional information, use by date, instructions for use, your company name, and more. In some cases, you can print that information on a tamper-evident label and allow your label to serve double-duty.
Where Do We See Tamper-Evident Labels Being Used?
While tamper-evident labels and packaging have long been common on grocery store shelves, we’re starting to see more and more tamper-evident labels and seals on food delivery products, especially as more third-party businesses offer food delivery. In light of unsettling stories of delivery drivers who have sampled the food they’re delivering, restaurants and grocery stores want to ensure the food you order arrives safely.
Tamper-evident packaging can include special closures or tape, so it becomes obvious if the item has been opened. It’s a simple step food business owners can take to ensure safety and peace of mind for their customers.
What Are the Key Benefits of Using Tamper-Evident Labels?
Tamper-evident labels are simple and cost-effective, and they have a number of advantages:
- Safety and Peace of Mind: Consumers should be able to rest assured that the food they ordered is delivered without being tampered with. Tamper-evident packaging provides a visual indication that the food is safe and ready to eat.
- Builds Consumer Confidence: Consumers learn to trust you and your business, because they know their food is protected and it’s not being messed with between the time they order it and the time it arrives.
- No Spillage: A tamper-evident seal or other forms of sealed packaging can help prevent spills, which avoids food waste and saves time and hassle for you, your customer, and the delivery driver. In addition to making it obvious if someone has tampered with the package, these seals can also help prevent packages from opening accidentally.
- Promotes Food Safety: A secure seal can prevent dust, dirt, and airborne contaminants from getting in contact with the food.
Are Tamper-Resistant and Tamper-Evident Labels and Seals the Same?
This is actually the source of quite a bit of confusion, because tamper-resistant and tamper-evident are not the same thing. A tamper-evident seal, label, or packaging offers visual evidence if the product has been tampered with. For example, a shrink band around the top of a bottle would be missing if the product had been opened, or a label sealed over the lid of a bakery clamshell would be ripped. If those seals and labels are intact, you know the product is unaltered. There are also tamper-evident tapes that leave behind residue; that residue is your indication that the tape has been removed and replaced.
Tamper-resistant labels and packaging, on the other hand, are intended to discourage tampering by making it time-consuming or difficult. These types of packaging make it much harder to tamper with a product, but they may not leave any tell-tale signs if someone takes the time to fight through the tamper-resistant package.
Both types of packaging and labeling have their place in food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, and more. However, tamper-evident packaging may be more beneficial. Even though tamper-resistant packaging makes it harder to tamper with a product, it’s not a foolproof system, and if tampering does occur, the consumer might not be able to tell. Tamper-evident packaging gives the consumer a visual way to confirm the product has or hasn’t been tampered with.
NADCO’s Custom Adhesive Food Tampering Labels
For decades, NADCO has been a trusted supplier of custom printed tapes and labels, including custom food labels and tamper-evident labels. When you work with us, you enjoy:
- Superior Custom Capabilities: Your project starts with our in-house design team. We collaborate with our clients to create custom solutions that match their unique specifications.
- Reduced Lead Times: From design to full-service manufacturing, we keep the entire process in-house so we don’t waste time waiting on parts from other facilities. This allows for efficient production and reduced lead times, and it boosts our accountability.
- Consistent Quality and Service: We’re committed to upholding strict industry standards for quality, and because we’re not bouncing your project back and forth between vendors, we can control the level of quality and service—it will meet the same high standards every time you work with us.
- Customization: This is our specialty! We can manufacture tapes and label products up to 20 inches wide in materials like vinyl, film, metal foil, cloth, and more, and we can print a four-color process or up to seven spot colors.
With a creative research and development team that can help you develop a new product and a customer care team that treats every client like family, we’re equipped to help you with all your adhesive needs. Contact us for more information on custom food labels and tamper-evident labels, or request a quote for your project. If you can imagine it, NADCO can make it stick.
Over the years, many companies offshored their manufacturing operations to take advantage of lower materials and labor costs. That decision was never without risk, and those risks came to light during COVID-19.
One survey by Everstream (formerly Resilience360) found that 98 percent of global supply chains suffered during the pandemic. Consumers and essential workers faced shortages of everything from personal protective equipment to toilet paper, pharmaceuticals and semiconductors to bread and flour. Supply chain interruptions and delays led to long waits and higher costs, and it has made many companies rethink their offshoring practices.
Reshoring initiatives have been gaining steam over the last few years, but the pandemic accelerated them. Manufacturers are looking to onshore their operations to improve supply chain management and quality control, lower transportation costs, eliminate import tariffs, and reduce their carbon footprint.
What Are We Seeing in 2021 With Reshoring?
The 2020 Data Report by the Reshoring Initiative indicated a rise in reshoring, which is expected to continue well into this year and beyond. The benefits are enormous: with 83 percent of manufacturers in North America now “likely” or “extremely likely” to reshore, it could boost the economy by $443 billion if those manufacturers each add just one domestic supplier to their contracts.
The process could provide thousands or even millions of jobs for Americans—there are still about five million manufacturing jobs located offshore. Bringing some or all of them back to the United States could reduce the trade deficit, boost the economy, and support the local communities where these facilities will be located.
What Are the Key Benefits of Reshoring Your Supply Chain?
Bringing your manufacturing operations and supply chain closer to home offers a number of benefits for your company, your customers, your community, and the national economy:
It’s hard to oversee daily operations when they’re half a world away, and often operating under different restrictions and quality standards. This becomes especially important for critical industries like healthcare, automotive and aerospace, military, and technology, where lesser quality products can put people’s lives in danger. When your supply chain is in the same part of the world as you are, you can keep a better eye on what’s happening, and you can make changes more quickly if you notice an error.
Because offshore manufacturing requires finished products to spend a long time in transit, it’s hard to make revisions when you notice an error. By the time you see a mistake, you already have another shipment in route. Furthermore, long shipping routes feature more opportunities for delays and lost products.
Bringing more jobs back to the U.S. gives companies an opportunity to take advantage of a highly skilled and motivated workforce while further developing these workers and giving them the space to innovate. When a manufacturing company is the keystone of a community, it brings the entire community together and develops loyalty and commitment among the employees.
Avoiding Complicated Taxes and Tariffs
There’s a lot of uncertainty around current and future trade deals, and global relationships are rarely simple. High tariffs hurt your company and your customers, and they’re probably not going to disappear any time soon.
Why You Should Reshore With NADCO Solutions
For years, NADCO has specialized in custom adhesive solutions for clients in a wide range of industries. We’re committed to providing high-quality tapes and labels and supplementary services to meet all your adhesive needs.
With short lead times, consistent product quality, and around-the-clock customer support, our team is here to help you find the best solution—or to create a new one perfectly suited to you and your company. Our custom services are available for orders both large and small.
U.S. manufacturing is on the rise, and we’re proud to be a part of it. After starting our company in New Hampshire decades ago, we’ve been based in Sarasota, Florida since 2005 as a domestic partner for our long-time clients. We look forward to working with new clients who are ready to keep their supply chains closer to home for the benefit of your company and your customers. Contact us for more information about our custom tapes and labels or to place your order.
Whether used to seal packages, mark safety hazards, or patch damaged boats, adhesive tape is critical to many industrial functions. While standard adhesive tapes are highly versatile, with material options suited to almost any application, custom tapes offer manifold benefits for companies with specific needs. For instance, custom-printed tape is an affordable way to differentiate a brand’s packaging or to label equipment with important precautions. Custom tapes can also accommodate more specialized features such as anti-slip texturing or antimicrobial coatings.
At NADCO, we specialize in single-source solutions for custom adhesive tapes of all kinds. With our comprehensive prototyping, printing, and die-cutting services, we fulfill challenging custom tape orders in-house and to precise specifications.
In this guide, we outline some of the primary capabilities of custom tapes, including their composition and applications. However, if you have specific questions about your requirements, the adhesive experts at NADCO would be happy to guide you.
Common Types of Custom Adhesive Tapes
Custom adhesive tapes are varied to suit their diverse applications. A range of materials are available, from simple paper to sturdy vinyl, with options to suit diverse functional and aesthetic requirements. Some of the most common types of custom adhesive tape include the following:
- Paper Tapes: Paper tapes are among the most common and the most versatile, varyingly used for sealing, marking, labeling, and masking. Their popularity comes from their low cost combined with their ease of customization. Most paper tapes are easy to print on, with options for both matte and glossy finishes. Similarly, in terms of function, different papers enable varying degrees of strength, removability, and temperature resistance, so paper tapes can conform to diverse application requirements.
- Foil Tapes: Foil tapes are durable adhesives that can withstand exposure to harsh outdoor or industrial environments. The most common types of foil tape combine aluminum or copper foil (which may be either conductive or non-conductive) with a flexible adhesive backing. More specialized applications may call instead for lead or stainless steel foil. As a category, foil tapes tend to offer superior strength while conforming to irregular surfaces, making them an ideal choice for shielding or sealing electronics.
- Mylar Tapes: Mylar tapes are typically used for challenging surfaces such as heavy-duty industrial equipment. In such settings, mylar tape provides a strong seal with the dimensional stability to withstand vibrations, temperature fluctuations, and other stresses. In addition to their excellent performance characteristics, our mylar tapes use a brushed silver polyester to create a smooth, attractive finish that complements equipment bodies.
- Vinyl Tapes: Vinyl tapes are a common choice for labeling and striping, as well as for various OSHA applications. These tapes are available in vibrant colors for high visibility, with options for custom graphics and instructions when required. Functionally, vinyl tapes resist heat, corrosion, and bacteria, so they have the lasting power needed for critical safety applications.
Within these categories, NADCO offers further customization options regarding material and finish. Our adhesives team can walk you through these options to ensure your product is exactly right for you.
Key Applications of Custom Adhesive Tapes
Although adhesive tapes are often thought of as packaging materials, custom tapes find applications across manufacturing, medicine, retail, and other industries. By choosing a custom tape, industry professionals can achieve the precise combination of mechanical, chemical, and aesthetic characteristics that will suit their application. Some applications that benefit from custom tapes include:
- Labeling workplace hazards for an organized and OSHA-compliant environment
- Marking floors for proper social distancing
- Sealing and decorating packages with custom graphics
- Applying instructions to equipment or fragile packages
- Gently securing medical devices to sensitive skin
Simple adjustments to tape material and design make it easy and affordable to create solutions tailored to any of these applications.
Custom Adhesive Tape Benefits and Features
Although a carefully selected stock tape will serve most applications well, nothing compares to the utility of a completely customized solution. Some benefits of custom tapes over other options include:
- Opportunities to Distinguish Your Brand: Using custom tapes to seal packages is an economical way to set packaging apart and differentiate your brand from the competition. Paper tapes, in particular, allow marketers to attach high-fidelity logos and graphics that draw the eye and capture your brand image.
- Informative Text and Graphics: Custom tapes can bear exactly the message you need, whether it be transportation instructions for a package or information about traffic flow through a socially distanced facility. Custom adhesives are the only way to combine your exact message with the right tape medium for your application.
- Unbeatable Safety Features: Whether your application calls for tamper-resistance, anti-slip textures, or FDA-compliant composition, custom tapes ensure uncompromising performance in your specific setting. Also, when processing custom orders, batch numbers allow for traceability in sensitive medical or food-related applications, and custom graphics make it easy to distinguish genuine products from fakes.
- Maximum Convenience: Custom tapes reduce the need to trim or write on adhesives, saving time in facilities that use tape in repetitive applications.
These advantages give custom adhesives the edge in both cost and convenience, ensuring maximum ROI for clients with unique specifications.
NADCO’s Custom Adhesive Tape Capabilities
At NADCO, we’ve spent almost 30 years crafting industry-leading labels and adhesive tapes, offering tapes up to 20″ wide and clear prints with 4-color process or up to 7 spot colors. Drawing on our extensive in-house capabilities, we tailor our tapes to clients’ specific needs. Our custom tape process considers all facets of our client’s needs, including:
- Surface material and texture
- Tape color and opacity
- Environmental and chemical exposures
- Tension and frictional force
- Tape size and quantity
Whether you’re seeking printed or non-printed tape made from paper, vinyl, or foil, NADCO can help.
Get Started on Your Custom Tape Solution With NADCO
When you need a custom adhesive tape, it’s critical to choose a provider who can handle your needs with minimal outsourcing or delays. NADCO’s expert design and in-house manufacturing guarantee that you will receive timely and high-quality services at every stage of the development process. To learn more about how our custom tape offerings can save you time and money, contact our team today.
You probably see marking or reflective tapes used throughout your facility and don’t give it much thought. After all, you already know there’s a step-down here or a potentially dangerous piece of equipment there, so it might seem like the tape isn’t doing much help to you. However, it plays an incredibly important role in the workplace.
Marking tape is applied to facility surfaces for a variety of purposes, including drawing attention to a hazard, identifying uneven surfaces or low clearances, marking boundaries and pathways, outlining emergency exit plans, and more. It often has reflective properties, which make it stand out from surrounding surfaces, so facility workers and visitors notice it and the information it is conveying.
Types of Reflective Tapes
There are many types of reflective tape available, each of which varies with regard to brightness and other features to suit different applications. For example:
- Engineer-grade reflective tape. This high-quality, high-gloss tape is made from an enclosed lens retro reflective material. It is pressure-sensitive, adhering to various flat surfaces. While it was originally designed for use on vehicles to improve visibility during nighttime driving, it is also used on road signs.
- High-intensity reflective tape. This high-quality, high-gloss tape is made from microprismatic retro reflective material. It is highly durable, withstanding temperatures between -40° F to 180° F. It is typically good for a decade before it needs to be replaced due to wear and tear.
Common Applications for Reflective Tape
Reflective tape can be used in many different applications, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Sewing reflective tape to the outside of a jacket, pants, or shirt can increase your visibility while working or walking in high-traffic or low-light areas.
- Vehicles, trailers, bikes, and motorcycles. These pieces of equipment generally already have reflectors. However, many people add reflective tape to the back or sides of them for extra visibility.
- Objects near driveways and in parking lots. Handrails, low fences, and other barriers can be difficult to notice, especially if you’re in an unfamiliar parking lot or driveway. Reflective tape can highlight these objects as you navigate a narrow parking lot or a curved driveway.
- Reflective tape can protect your mailbox from being hit by unaware drivers or bicyclists, especially if it is close to the road or partially or completely hidden.
- Boats and ships. Reflective tape on the deck and the outside of the craft can help passengers and other boats avoid accidents involving out-jutting parts and protruding edges.
Why Should You Use Reflective Tape in the Workplace?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other government agencies require industrial and commercial facilities to mark floors and other potentially hazardous locations with tape to prevent workplace injury. The tape markings inform facility employees and visitors of dangers they may encounter within the facility and how to avoid them, which can result in improved workplace safety.
Other purposes of reflective safety tapes in workplaces include:
- Guiding the flow of traffic within the facility
- Highlighting pathways to entrances/exits when the power is out
- Increasing worker visibility with patches on clothing and PPE
Partner With NADCO for Your Reflective Tape Needs Today
Reflective tapes are essential to ensuring safety and visibility in the workplace. Want to learn more about this product? Ask the experts at NADCO. Equipped with nearly 30 years of experience supplying tapes and other adhesive products, we can answer and address almost any question or concern you may have. If you’re looking to partner with us for your reflective tape needs, request a quote.
Vinyl tapes are a versatile type of adhesive that easily conforms to almost any type of substrate to which it is applied. Vinyl is a highly durable material that can withstand abrasions and weathering while still performing optimally. This long-lasting type of tape is ideal for indicating safety hazards or marking lanes and can provide important safety cues in dangerous environments. These tapes are usually black, but they also come in a variety of colors to suit the specific needs of different applications.
What Are the Common Applications of Vinyl Tapes?
A well-made vinyl tape can withstand moisture, chemicals, changing temperatures, and abrasions, making it one of the most durable choices available for rugged, demanding applications. Vinyl has several unique qualities that make it an ideal choice for a range of applications including:
- Sealing ducts and joints
- Pipe wrapping and harness wrapping
- Masking printed circuit boards
- Color coding, safety coding, and lane marking
- Decorating applications
- Providing striping on vehicles or sporting equipment
- Light bundling
- Marking hazards at construction sites or in areas frequented by the public
- Marking aisles, walkways, and egress or navigational routes,
In addition to these applications, vinyl electrical tapes are used with materials that conduct electricity to insulate electrical wires. They are pressure-sensitive and very effective at preventing electrical currents from accidentally passing onto nearby wires. Vinyl electrical tapes are used in low-voltage household applications as well as workplace electrical applications, where they are used for sealing, protecting, and insulating wiring jobs, as well as for making repairs.
What Are the Key Benefits of Vinyl Tapes?
Vinyl tapes have many valuable characteristics that have led them to be a popular choice for applications spanning several industries. For example, since they are easier and faster to work with than paint but just as long-lasting, they are an excellent choice for marking lanes on roads. The rubber adhesive in vinyl tape sticks instantly on contact, and they are so durable they can actually outlast paint.
Another significant benefit is that even though vinyl tapes have excellent adhesive qualities, they remove cleanly and easily, leaving no adhesive residue behind. Some additional benefits of these tapes include:
- A superior quality that does not degrade over time. Their long shelf life exceeds that of other materials.
- They provide an effective barrier to keep out moisture and vapors.
- They are highly resistant to many potentially damaging substances including corrosive chemicals, acids, alkalies, oils, bacteria, aging, sunlight, and water.
- They are impact, abrasion, and rupture resistant.
- They are easily written on.
- They are highly stretchable.
- They are printable/customizable
Choosing the NADCO Way
Vinyl tapes are a versatile solution for many applications. They are perfect for labeling or striping and make work environments safer, more organized, and compliant with safety regulations. At NADCO, we provide several types of vinyl tapes including those with an ink-receptive coating, which makes them easy to be written on. Our vinyl tapes meet OSHA requirements and are resistant to heat, corrosives, and bacterial. We offer vinyl tapes in several color options, which are used to signify different meanings based on the application. We can help you select the best choice for your project so that employees and visitors are easily able to understand their significance.
Vinyl tapes can create a safer work environment, and make certain projects quicker and easier by replacing more time-consuming materials, such as paint. If your application requires a highly durable tape that is resistant to damaging substances, vinyl is an excellent option to consider. NADCO, a custom manufacturer of vinyl tapes, offers color, pattern, and size options for every industry. Contact us today to create a solution for your application.
Slips, trips, and falls are common accidents that occur across a variety of industries caused by factors such as wet areas, freshly cleaned surfaces, or uneven elevations. These incidences can lead to fractures, concussions, sprains, strains, cuts, and bruises, impacting workers’ performance and leading to possible downtime. To mitigate these risks and maintain workplace safety, companies can implement anti-slip tape in both indoor and outdoor areas.
What Are Anti-Slip Tapes?
Also called traction or non-skid tape, anti-slip tapes increase friction between a person’s shoe and the ground’s surface. Strong adhesive tapes are backed with a permanent fixative to keep them in place in even challenging environments. They provide an extremely durable safety measure for secure footing in a variety of situations.
Businesses have discovered that adding anti-slip tapes in their retail and industrial locations is a wise investment as it can prevent expensive accidents in the future. It can also attract attention to a risky situation and alert people to walk with caution.
What Are Common Industry Applications for Anti Slip Tapes?
Anti-slip tapes are useful in a variety of industries and settings. Various workplaces utilize this safety tape, including manufacturing facilities, warehouses, hospitals, and schools. Common applications include:
- Building entrances. Anti-slip tapes add an extra layer of protection for those entering from wet or rainy conditions. They are often used in
- retail shops, hotels, restaurants, and many others.
- They protect against slips on pedestrian walkways and garage surfaces due to water runoff, dripped, oil, mud, or other debris from cars.
- Kitchen/food service. Slip and fall injuries are common in kitchens and dining areas where food, beverages, oils, or other liquids can spill. Additionally, floor drains can stop up, or pipes under sinks can leak, adding additional risk. Placing anti-slip tapes around the workspace can prevent injuries caused by slick surfaces.
- Loading docks. High traffic areas like loading docks, ledges, and ramps can become slippery when wet, particularly when moving heavy loads.
- Manufacturing floors. From food processing to woodcutting facilities, anti-slip tape can prevent falls from wet or dry debris. It is essential to evaluate the various areas in the facility that could present fall risks.
- Anti-slip tape adds extra traction for uneven elevations that are made even riskier for employees or visitors when wet.
- Anti-slip tapes on staircases prevent falls and associated injuries.
What Are Some Key Benefits of Anti Slip Tapes?
Anti-slip tapes provide many benefits. They increase bonding and cushioning between the bottom of a shoe or boot and a walking surface. Having noticeable, brightly patterned tape is crucial for attracting awareness to zones that could be prone to tripping or slipping. There are even glow-in-the-dark anti-slip tapes to increase safety and awareness in dark areas.
Other benefits of anti-slip tapes include:
- They are easy to apply to virtually any surface.
- These tapes have a heavy-duty adhesive to increase longevity.
- They are resilient enough for high-traffic areas.
- Anti-slip tapes work for indoor and outdoor uses.
- They are resistant to water and chemicals.
- Glow capabilities for low light situations provide protection where other tapes would not.
- They meet OSHA standards.
- They can be customized.
Custom Tape From NADCO
Slips, trips, and falls are some of the most common causes of injuries, costing businesses billions each year. However, these types of incidences are easily preventable with the use of traction tapes. Non-skid tape from NADCO can be customized to the area, use, and industry.
Whether you want to call attention to zones that require extra care when navigating or add a hidden layer of safety in areas that are slick, wet, or uneven, we have the tape you need. Please contact us today for questions or to learn more about our products and capabilities.
Closed cell foam tape is useful in a number of applications. Its unique structure doesn’t allow air, fluids, or solid particles to pass through, making it effective for soundproofing, protective packaging, sealing and padding face shields and masks, and more. It serves its purpose as a measure of safety as well as comfort in certain applications.
This foam tape can be made from polyethylene, neoprene, PVC, nitrile foam rubber, EVA, or SBR foam rubber. The density of these materials gives them stronger resistance to moisture and air, which makes them cost-effective in the long run despite a potentially higher upfront cost. Below, our team at NADCO delves into the top advantages for using this kind of tape.
1. Closed Cell Foam Tape Is Cost Effective
Even though the materials themselves may cost more than less durable alternatives, closed cell foam tapes can be formed and cut with extreme precision, which limits waste and reduces materials costs. Precise measurements allow us to deliver large rolls of tape while reducing overhead costs to keep your initial investment as low as possible.
Over time, the value of using a high-quality closed cell foam tape becomes even more apparent. It’s effective over a long life span, and you’ll be spending less money on repairs and replacements in the future.
2. Closed Cell Foam Tape Is Moisture Resistant
While open cell foam tapes are lightweight and flexible—which is appropriate for a number of applications—they don’t block fluids the way closed cell foam tapes do. That makes the closed cell version the industrial tape of choice for any application where moisture resistance is important, including in the HVAC, automotive, medical, construction, and marine industries.
With densities around two to three pounds per cubic foot range, closed cell materials are durable and tough. You can choose an adhesive that’s resistant to UV light and corrosion while offering protection against vibration, dust, and more. These tapes are often used for sealing gaps (around windows and doors, for example), protective packaging, gasketing, and shock absorption, as well as waterproofing.
3. Closed Cell Foam Tape Is Flexible & Adaptable
This high-density foam tape is made for environments that demand adaptability along with reliability. Despite its ability to expand and contract with changes in temperature and pressure, closed cell foam tape continues to hold its bond. This is a huge advantage over more traditional fastening options, since the majority of those will eventually loosen after repeated expansion and contraction. It’s a go-to solution in environments that experience extreme or frequent temperature changes.
Closed cell foam tape is easily customizable as well. From double-sided adhesive to resistant linings and specialized materials, your tape can be created specifically to meet your unique needs.
Learn More About Closed Cell Foam Tape
NADCO is a custom manufacturer of closed cell foam tape and a variety of other adhesive tapes and labels for use in a number of industries and applications. With nearly 30 years of experience and a 35,000-square-foot facility, we’re equipped to handle orders of all sizes and complexities.
The three key benefits (and so many potential uses) of closed cell foam tape mean it’s always in demand, perhaps now more than ever with the increased need for personal protective equipment. Contact us to discover more about the benefits of adhesive foam tape, custom PPE, and more.
Foil adhesive tapes are an extremely versatile and durable solution for rugged and harsh applications. Reliable adhesion, good thermal/electrical conductivity, and resistances to chemicals, humidity, and UV radiation make foil tape one of the most popular options for military, aerospace, and industrial applications — particularly in outdoor operations.
At NADCO Tapes and Labels, Inc., we specialize in the development and production of custom tapes and labels for use in nearly any industry. With more than 30 years of experience, we have developed innovative adhesive tape solutions to withstand a broad range of extreme conditions. Our foil tapes are custom-manufactured for situational requirements using a variety of foil materials and designs.
What are the Key Materials Used and Their Applications?
Foil tapes are available from a wide range of materials, including aluminum, lead, copper, and steel.
- Aluminum tapes. Aluminum tapes incorporate aluminum foil and reliable adhesives into a highly durable tape that conforms easily to uneven surfaces. With high resistances to moisture, vapor, and temperature fluctuations, aluminum tape can provide a barrier over thermal insulation, such as aluminum-backed duct board and fiberglass. It is often used in packaging to protect sensitive contents from moisture intrusion and temperature fluctuations during shipping.
- Copper tapes. Copper foil tapes can be manufactured in conductive and non-conductive variants. Available in lined and unlined designs, copper tape offers a high level of chemical and weather resistance, making it perfect for use in outdoor communication cable wrapping and electrostatic shielding.
- Lead tapes. Lead tapes are uniquely suited for masking applications in chemical mills, x-ray applications, and electroplating. They offer excellent moisture resistance and sometimes see use as a moisture barrier around windows and doors.
- Stainless steel tapes. Valued for its exceptional strength and corrosion resistance, stainless steel foil tape is used in applications that require an adhesive tape product with superior durability and the ability to conform easily to corners and uneven surfaces. Often found in outdoor applications, stainless steel tape resists UV radiation, thermal fluctuations, wear, and corrosion.
5 Key Benefits of Foil Tape
Foil tape provides a number of advantages for critical industries and applications. Here are five of the primary benefits offered by foil tape:
- Extreme cold and heat resistance. Foil tape with any metal presents a high level of temperature versatility. Our extensive selection of foil tapes can withstand temperatures from -22°F to 248°F and can be applied to products in temperatures from 14°F to 104°F. Unlike traditional adhesive tapes that will harden and perform poorly in cold temperatures, foil tapes retain adhesion even in freezing temperatures.
- Extended service life. Our foil tapes are manufactured using state-of-the-art acrylic adhesive technology, which offers exceptional cohesion, adhesion, and thermal stability. Foil tapes perform better over time compared with standard rubber adhesives, making them ideal for limited access applications where replacement is difficult, such as insulation or drainage layers in new construction.
- Moisture resistance. The moisture resistance of foil tapes makes them well suited to use in the marine industry, where they can be applied to patching without becoming waterlogged or losing adhesion. The moisture resistance of foil tapes is so superior that Scientific American once suggested it could be used to manufacture a boat that could carry cargo.
- Resistant to harsh chemicals. Foil tape is especially resistant to harsh chemicals, which makes it ideal in extreme conditions where saltwater, oil, fuel, and corrosive chemicals are found. For this reason, it is often employed by the Navy to protect wheels, windows, and seams during paint stripping. It is also used to seal equipment used for anodizing and electroplating applications.
- Recyclable. Aluminum foil tape is recyclable and requires only 5% of the energy needed for its initial production for recycling. This makes it one of the most sustainable adhesive tape materials on the market.
Working with an Industry Leader like NADCO
As one of the industry’s premier providers of custom adhesive tape products and labels, NADCO maintains a reputation for exceptional quality adhesive solutions. Our 35,000-square-foot warehouse allows us to maintain a comprehensive stock of adhesive tapes and labels suitable for nearly any application. Our facility features state-of-the-art equipment that allows us to manufacture custom-printed tapes and labels up to 20 inches wide with four-color processing or up to seven spot colors.
We maintain ISO 9001:2015 quality certification and our shipping capabilities include everything from local delivery to international freight. No matter what your project requires, you can rest assured that NADCO’s adhesive tapes and labels will meet and exceed the most stringent industry standards and customer expectations. Our extensive selection of foil tapes can be custom-designed to meet the particular needs of even the most extreme applications.
To learn more about our foil tapes and other adhesive products, contact us today!
Paper tape—also sometimes referred to as masking tape—is a broad category of tapes that encompasses all water-activated adhesive tapes with paper backing materials (e.g., flatback paper, crepe paper, tissue paper, fish paper, Kraft papers, and clay-coat paper). These tapes are available in many variations—differing with regard to color, tensile strength, temperature tolerance, removability, and more—to suit different applications.
Paper tapes offer a number of benefits that make them suitable for use in various industrial and commercial applications, such as:
1. Paper tapes are compatible with many surface materials.
Paper tapes can adhere to a variety of surface materials, including, but not limited to, paper, fabric, wood, metal, corrugated cardboard, plastic, and film. This quality enables them to be used in many applications, such as carton packing and sealing, floor marking, color coding and labeling, and paint masking.
2. Paper tapes are tamper-evident.
Many industries utilize paper tapes as labels due to their tamper-evident properties. Tamper-evident labels are used to ensure product safety and security by allowing consumers to identify if a product has experienced tampering. They are commonly employed in the food and beverage and pharmaceutical industries as product tampering can lead to consumer illness and, in severe cases, consumer death.
3. Paper tapes are highly durable.
Paper tapes maintain their integrity in a variety of environmental conditions. They are not affected by changes in temperature or humidity or exposure to dust and dirt. As a result, they are suitable for use in a wide range of application environments.
4. Paper tapes are available in a variety of strengths.
Paper tapes are manufactured with varying properties to suit different needs. For example, users can adjust the tensile strength and the adhesive strength to fit the application. Paper tapes can be used for everything ranging from paint masking to sealing heavy packages as long as the end-user chooses one with the right tensile strength and adhesive strength.
Paper Tapes From NADCO
At NADCO® Tapes & Labels, we specialize in the supply of tapes and other adhesive products. One of our core product offerings is paper/masking tape. These products are available in a variety of materials and finishes to accommodate the strength, removability, printability, and other needs of a wide range of applications.
Our paper and masking tape offerings include:
- General-purpose masking tapes
- Moisture-resistant masking tapes
- Printable rope paper tapes
- Paper identification tapes