NADCO® Tapes & Labels, Inc. manufactures high-quality tapes and labels that can be printed with custom text and logos. One of our key product lines includes tamper-evident labels, which make it clear whether a product has been opened or compromised. Tamper-evident labels promote the safety and freshness of various products, especially in the food and beverage, medical, and pharmaceutical industries, where products that have been tampered with could be dangerous to consume.
A broken label notifies the consumer that the product has been tampered with and should not be consumed. Learn more about the applications and benefits of tamper-evident labels in the medical and pharmaceutical industries.
Common Applications of Tamper-Evident Labels for Medical and Pharmaceutical
The following are some of the most common applications of tamper-evident labels in the medical and pharmaceutical industries:
- Medical durable goods
- Medical documentation and packaging
- Over-the-counter and prescription drug packaging
- Barcode labels
- Void seal labels
- Destructible labels
Key Benefits of Using Tamper-Evident Labels
Tamper-evident labels have numerous advantages for both the manufacturer and the consumer. These are the main benefits of using these labels:
- Improved product safety. Product safety is vital in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. Because they make it obvious if an attempt is made to remove them, tamper-evident labels reduce the risk of contamination and theft once the product leaves the manufacturer.
- Industry compliance. Many industries, including the medical and pharmaceutical fields, legally require tamper-evident labels on certain products. Using these labels helps you stay compliant with these policies.
- Better brand integrity. To establish your brand in the medical and pharmaceutical markets, it is important to win customers’ confidence. Tamper-evident labels make consumers feel safe when purchasing and using your products.
How to Choose an Optimal Tamper-Evident Label Supplier
To win over a wide customer base, your choice of tamper-evident labels can be one of the most important decisions you make. When selecting the optimal tamper-evident label supplier, you should consider the following factors.
To stand out from your competitors, your product should be visually appealing. Tamper-evident label designs should utilize a good balance of bright and dark colors while conveying all necessary branding information and imagery. Colors should be clear and crisp, with no smears or blurring.
The best label supplier should have detailed, extensive knowledge of design, layout, and material choice. They should be able to settle on these factors based on where the label will be placed, whether it’s on cardboard or glass, or in extreme temperatures. The ideal label manufacturer also understands the unique requirements of producing tamper-evident labels for the medical and pharmaceutical industries.
A good label manufacturer should have different printing options, such as thermal paper, laminations, foil stamping, and embossing, as well as a variety of adhesives. They should have custom sizing, die cutting, and coating capabilities. The more options a manufacturer has, the more likely they can come up with the perfect label for your product.
Your labels should be consistent in size and color from order to order. If you order labels in rolls, they should have the same thickness and tightness, as these factors affect how they dispense from automated machinery.
Before getting into any business arrangement with a label manufacturer, pay close attention to how the business treats you. They should be responsive and transparent in all their dealings, taking you through the entire process to ensure you are satisfied with the end product.
Tamper-Evident Labels From NADCO®
Tamper-evident labels prevent minor to major incidents. While accidents cause most broken labels, some may be due to malicious intent. A broken tamper-evident label sends a direct warning to consumers that they should not use the product. Given how seriously consumers take tamper-evident labels, companies are beginning to use these labels even when not required by law. In doing so, businesses prioritize the needs of their customers.
If you are looking to partner with a leading custom label manufacturer, NADCO® Tapes & Labels, Inc. is here to help. We specialize in tamper-evident label production and many other labels and adhesives. From our 35,000-square-foot warehouse, we keep a large inventory to ensure our customers can find exactly the products they need.
Food and beverage processors need versatile and cost-effective labels for consumable goods that will hold up during transport or under adverse conditions and resist damage, all while grabbing consumers’ attention from store shelves. Pressure-sensitive labels (PSLs) provide a solution as an ideal option for branding, product identification, ingredient and safety information, and logos or other designs.
While simple to apply, pressure-sensitive labels are quite durable, providing a strong substrate upon which to advertise or identify a product. Reputable pressure-sensitive label manufacturers can custom print and cut them to various sizes and shapes, tailoring these labels to a brand’s unique specifications. Read on to learn about the adhesive capabilities of pressure-sensitive labels and the vital role they play in the food processing industry.
How Do Pressure-Sensitive Labels Work & What Is the Technology Behind Them?
Pressure-sensitive labels are the most prevalent type of label in today’s market. They utilize pressure-activated adhesives rather than water- or solvent-based varieties, and users can apply them by hand or with automated pressure-sensitive label applicators. Pressure-sensitive labels are constructed of the following:
- Release liner. This removable layer, which abuts the adhesive layer, consists of a liner and its corresponding release coat. Together, they assist in a label’s delivery and adhesion while preventing it from sticking to a secondary material until it’s time for the intended application.
- Adhesive. The adhesive coating allows a label to stick to products and equipment.
- Facestock. A label’s facestock is the surface upon which manufacturers print label text and designs.
- Topcoat. This laminate protects the face stock and its printing to provide an appealing finish for a label.
Pressure-sensitive labels typically depend on the release liner for their ease of use. Made of a material that resists the adhesive coating, such as low surface energy film or siliconized film or paper, it allows the adhesive to release from the liner after the label’s application to its intended surface.
What Are the Key Benefits of Using Pressure-Sensitive Labels?
Pressure-sensitive labels are cost-effective and easy to apply manually or using specialized equipment. They are durable enough to endure environments where friction, abrasion, sterilization, moisture, humidity, UV light, and other various extreme conditions are present. Pressure-sensitive labels will adhere to humid, rough, dusty, or otherwise contaminated surfaces using a simple application process. They also stick to surfaces made of rubber and non-polar polyolefinic materials, adding a level of substrate versatility. The labels are environmentally friendly with a disposable composition that uses minimal volatile compounds.
Importantly, these labels are highly customizable and work well with high-definition printing methods. This opens up a broad spectrum of options for size, shape, material, color, and other design features.
What Applications Do Pressure-Sensitive Labels Serve in Food Processing Applications?
The durability, ease of use, and versatility of pressure-sensitive labels make them ideal for food and beverage processing. The following consumable goods are only some of the products in this sector that rely on pressure-sensitive labels for their containers:
- Canned foods
- Condiments and dressings
- Frozen foods
- Jams and jellies
- Specialty and alcoholic beverages
Pressure-Sensitive Labeling Solutions From NADCO
Industries like the food and beverage sector rely on pressure-sensitive labels to convey branding and vital product information to consumers. Effective pressure-sensitive labels are eye-catching, durable, and easy to apply to various materials, surface textures, and substrate configurations.
At NADCO® Tapes & Labels, Inc., we manufacture a variety of standard and custom pressure-sensitive labels with an array of design and printing options, including flexographic, spot, and short-run digital printing in up to seven colors. We also have prototyping, die cutting, slitting, and converting capabilities to offer a more comprehensive range of in-house services. NADCO products are proudly made in the USA with the latest technology to withstand heavy use and provide a consistent and stylish aesthetic.
Custom labels and tapes help to relay brand identity, instructions, and other relevant information for marketing, recreational, and manufacturing purposes. Common types of labels include custom stickers, industrial stickers, safety decals, and more. The best type of custom label for your project depends entirely on your specific application requirements.
Oftentimes, manufacturers hire third-party companies for their custom label printing needs to avoid extra processes and costs. However, with the abundance of custom label printers in the market, there are many important factors to consider to ensure you select the right option for your business.
Are They an In-house Full-service Manufacturer?
When hiring a custom label printer, a primary factor to consider is whether they complete their full production cycle in-house. Below are the benefits you gain by partnering with a custom label printer who completes every process under one roof:
- Higher Cost Savings. Choosing an in-house full-service manufacturer helps you avoid hidden costs and fees linked with shipping. It also eliminates the risk of possible damaged goods while in transit.
- Better Product Quality. A manufacturer with easy access and monitoring to all processes under one roof can control quality throughout the entire process to ensure constant product quality.
- Faster Turnaround and Reduced Lead Times. By handling and managing all production steps in the same facility, a manufacturer can ensure constant production, significantly reducing turnaround time.
- A Single Point of Contact. Instead of contacting different vendors to check on the order status, you have a single point of contact within the company who can provide regular updates, implement any necessary changes, and answer questions.
Can They Reduce Lead Times?
Outsourcing products can consume plenty of time and money. On top of having increased shipping time and expenses, businesses outsourcing certain production aspects must perform more quality control and inventory management.
Unfortunately, outsourcing may lead to increased turnaround times depending on a business’s internal processes, waitlists, transit times, and possible errors. A reliable custom label printer like NADCO ensures that you don’t lose time waiting for products from third-party locations. Our efficient and reliable production processes greatly reduce lead times, meaning you will get your products when you need them.
How is Their Quality and Customer Service?
Effective communication is critical when hiring a custom label printer. If you outsource particular aspects of your production process or project, you are highly likely to lose communication when working with multiple vendors. Lack of proper information or misinformation may lead to low-quality products that don’t meet industry or company standards.
At NADCO, we streamline all internal processes and communication. We integrate and manage all quality control throughout the production process under one roof, which reduces the likelihood of errors and significantly increases product quality.
Reach Out for Our Custom Label Printing Services At NADCO
Quality custom label and tape printing is an elemental aspect across a wide range of industries. Therefore, you need to choose the best custom label printer to ensure your products meet your exact requirements with fast turnaround times, reduced costs, and effective communication. As a leading manufacturer of custom tapes and labels, NADCO can work with you to create the perfect solution for your needs.
Lead time refers to the amount of time between the beginning and end of the manufacturing process. Longer lead times can negatively affect your business by increasing time to market and messing up project schedules. Reducing lead times can streamline operations and increase productivity, resulting in improved output and revenue. To ensure your project is completed in a timely manner, NADCO offers several ways to reduce lead time.
Large Warehouse Space to Stock Materials
NADCO has a large warehouse offering 35,000 square feet of space to stock large supplies of quality inventory. As such, there are constant in-stock materials for our customers. Warehousing is an ideal way to ensure that surplus goods are removed from distribution center floors and stored safely out of harm’s way.
Running out of stock has the potential to cause your business massive profit loss. If you lack the goods that a customer wants, you risk losing them to competitors. Fortunately, warehousing provided by NADCO helps to ensure constant availability and flow of goods.
We Can Accepts Blanket Orders with Specific Release Dates
NADCO can accept blanket order with specific release dates, allowing customers to have a continued supply of printed products without delay. A blanket order is set at a fixed price contract for a period of time, and a buyer shops for the best prices from a list of bidding suppliers.
The major benefit of issuing a blanket order is that a customer won’t have more stock than required at any point. In addition, there is also the benefit of avoiding the administrative cost of processing frequent purchase orders and simultaneously favoring discount pricing via volume commitments.
Large Material Portfolio
At NADCO, we don’t limit ourselves to one or few sources for any type of raw material. This grants us more flexibility with material options and allows us to offer high-quality substitutions for hard-to-get materials. Our large material portfolio also makes it more feasible to take on completely customized projects.
Staying One Step Ahead on Materials
At NADCO, we are constantly on the lookout to update, over-stock, or find material substitutes before we run out of stock on our shelves. Often times, it is difficult to control the efficiency with which a supplier will ship your goods after you make an order. Therefore, having a constant supply of inventory gives us an upper hand and more control. Delays in processing replenishment orders may contribute to stock-outs or low supplies when customers need the products urgently.
We Offer Expedited Services
NADCO offers expedited services to speed up your order for most projects. As such, we are the industry leader when it comes to standard turnaround times. Expediting services effectively ensure the completion of your project delivery on schedule. It also helps to save money by working actively to improve delivery times. There is also a reduced risk of delays in the supply chain.
Contact NADCO to Help You Reduce Lead Times
Reducing lead times is elemental for a business to increase output and revenue. At NADCO, we strive to help you reduce lead times by providing a large warehouse to stock goods, accepting blanket orders, providing a large material portfolio, and offering expedited services. Contact us to find out more or request a quote for our products and services.
The construction industry is experiencing significant growth due to an uptick in government expenditures in large-scale infrastructure projects such as railways and highways and an increase in public-private partnerships for infrastructure development.
As a result, the demand for adhesive tapes has increased as they are valuable tools in the construction industry used to seal, bond, and fill gaps in construction applications.
Along with many other benefits, innovations in adhesive products allow building professionals to comply with new regulations requiring enhanced performance for building construction and cut construction costs by reducing installation and drying times.
Adhesive Industry Trends
Across the world, the adhesive tape market is expected to reach over $60 billion by the end of 2021. This increased demand is due in part to the rise in residential building construction. Adhesive tapes facilitate easy construction refurbishing and provide a level of aesthetic appeal which has grown increasingly important in recent years.
This peaked demand for adhesive tapes is due to the many advantages and capabilities they provide. Using adhesive tapes in construction not only saves money on installation but also reduces energy costs. Adhesive tapes are durable, lightweight, and proficient in meeting air sealing requirements.
Types of Adhesive Tapes Used in Construction and Municipal Applications
To optimize efficiency in construction projects, builders and contractors should educate themselves on the different types of tapes available.
Some of the most common adhesive tapes used in the construction and municipal industries include:
- Acrylic Adhesive Tapes: Acrylic adhesives are ideal for the construction industry due to their ability to withstand extreme temperatures and create airtight seals. This durable product’s adhesive properties get stronger over time.
- Masking Tape: This type of adhesive eliminates the need for cleaning and rework and improves efficiency by protecting surfaces from paint or damage. They are easy to install and remove and are suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Duct Tape: Duct tape is a durable solution that is often used to strap or bundle materials. It comes in a range of colors and is compatible with different surfaces and applications.
- Safety Barricade Tape: This is a non-adhesive tape that indicates hazardous areas. Specific messages can be printed on them to indicate the type of hazardous environment present.
- Foil Tapes: This foil-backed tape is designed to be malleable and conductive. Foil tapes are most commonly used in HVAC systems and to reflect light or heat.
- Double-sided Tape: With adhesive on both sides, double-sided tape bonds two surfaces together to more evenly distribute the stress load. This tape is compatible with a wide range of materials including glass, concrete, plastic, and more.
- Electrical Tapes: This durable tape is made from vinyl and is ideal for insulating electrical splices or bundling wire and cable.
Working With an Industry Leader Like NADCO, INC.
With over 25 years of experience, NADCO uses cutting-edge equipment and technology to deliver superior adhesive tapes to our clients in the construction industry.
We specialize in customizing adhesive tapes to fit specific applications and are committed to continuous improvement through research and development. If you can imagine it, NADCO® will make it stick.
Our commitment to quality is made evident by our numerous certifications, which include:
NADCO is proud to offer fully customizable solutions and reliable product quality while maintaining reduced lead times and low costs. Our durable adhesive tapes are easy to install and are extremely versatile with enhanced service life cycles.
Product counterfeiting, tampering, and theft are persistent problems for many companies in nearly every industry. As a result, the demand for tamper-evident security products has grown significantly and will continue to increase as businesses look for ways to secure their products, packaging, and product warranties. Tamper evident labels are designed to secure the items they are applied to by serving as a visual deterrent against tampering, as well as providing visible evidence of tampering or attempted tampering.
At NADCO, our tamper-evident products secure and protect a wide variety of items, ranging from high-value products to important documentation and more. After applying a security label, any attempted tampering with a product will be clearly visible. We supply a variety of tamper-evident features that vary according to product label needs.
What Are the Rules and Regulations With Tamper Evident Labels?
According to FDA regulations, tamper-evident packaging must have one or more barriers to entry or indicators that tampering has occurred. This packaging must provide consumers with visible evidence that tampering has occurred. Additionally, the FDA requires tamper-evident labels to feature a distinctive design and unique composition so that consumers can be confident they are authentic and not false duplicates. Creating a distinctive label is achieved in a number of ways. For example, using materials or printing that aren’t easily copied, and choosing design features that leave visible evidence of tampering.
Is There a Difference Between Tamper Evident and Food Sealing?
The key difference between tamper-evident labels and food sealing labels is the presence of security slits. Tamper-evident labels feature small cuts on the front face of the label that tear apart when the package is opened or the label is removed. The small broken label pieces prevent the label from being reapplied and are clear evidence of tampering.
Food sealing labels, also referred to as food safety labels, do not feature these security slits. Food sealing labels keep boxes, bags, pouches, and other containers closed during delivery using a permanent adhesive. These adhesives also can be used to provide space for branding and custom messaging.
Why Should You Use Tamper Evident Packaging for Your Products?
Keeping your products secure is an essential aspect of gaining customers’ trust and ensuring the longevity of your brand. Regardless of your industry, nearly all products on the market today are handled many times after packaging. The journey from your warehouse to the product’s placement in a retail store or delivery to the customer provides many opportunities for tampering or theft to occur.
Adding tamper-evident labels demonstrates your concern for your customers’ well-being and can help you build customer loyalty. These labels also ensure that anyone planning to harm others won’t be able to use your products as a means to do so. In addition to deterring tragedies like this from occurring, tamper-evident packaging prevents the loss of revenue while your products are handled in retail environments.
Protect Your Products With NADCO
Including a tamper-evident label on your products is a simple way to ensure they arrive in your customer’s hands in the same condition in which they were produced. Additionally, there are more counterfeit products on the market than ever before, making it challenging for consumers to be confident they have an authentic product. Tamper-evident labels build trust and can increase customer satisfaction with your product.
At NADCO, we develop customized tapes and labels for a range of applications. Our experts can work with you to create personalized tamper-evident labels that are effective, attractive, and match your brand image. If you have questions about the specific tamper-evident technology we use or our product selection, contact us. When you’re ready to develop a solution, request a quote.
For consumer safety, it’s important that food items be resistant to tampering—or offer a clear indication if the product has been tampered with. There are several reasons a person may intentionally alter or contaminate a food product, ranging from theft to a simple desire to cause damage or perform a prank on social media. Unfortunately, this food tampering is dangerous for the consumer and bad for your business.
Tamper-evident packaging and labels are a great way to alert consumers that a product has been tampered with. According to the Food and Drug Administration, “A tamper-evident package is one having one or more indicators or barriers to entry which, if breached or missing, can reasonably be expected to provide visible evidence to consumers that tampering has occurred.” These seals or barriers should be distinctive and not easily duplicated by the public.
Of course, tamper-evident labels are only one consideration for your food and beverage products. There are many regulations and best practices that outline what type of information must be included on your custom food and beverage labels, including ingredients, nutritional information, use by date, instructions for use, your company name, and more. In some cases, you can print that information on a tamper-evident label and allow your label to serve double-duty.
Where Do We See Tamper-Evident Labels Being Used?
While tamper-evident labels and packaging have long been common on grocery store shelves, we’re starting to see more and more tamper-evident labels and seals on food delivery products, especially as more third-party businesses offer food delivery. In light of unsettling stories of delivery drivers who have sampled the food they’re delivering, restaurants and grocery stores want to ensure the food you order arrives safely.
Tamper-evident packaging can include special closures or tape, so it becomes obvious if the item has been opened. It’s a simple step food business owners can take to ensure safety and peace of mind for their customers.
What Are the Key Benefits of Using Tamper-Evident Labels?
Tamper-evident labels are simple and cost-effective, and they have a number of advantages:
- Safety and Peace of Mind: Consumers should be able to rest assured that the food they ordered is delivered without being tampered with. Tamper-evident packaging provides a visual indication that the food is safe and ready to eat.
- Builds Consumer Confidence: Consumers learn to trust you and your business, because they know their food is protected and it’s not being messed with between the time they order it and the time it arrives.
- No Spillage: A tamper-evident seal or other forms of sealed packaging can help prevent spills, which avoids food waste and saves time and hassle for you, your customer, and the delivery driver. In addition to making it obvious if someone has tampered with the package, these seals can also help prevent packages from opening accidentally.
- Promotes Food Safety: A secure seal can prevent dust, dirt, and airborne contaminants from getting in contact with the food.
Are Tamper-Resistant and Tamper-Evident Labels and Seals the Same?
This is actually the source of quite a bit of confusion, because tamper-resistant and tamper-evident are not the same thing. A tamper-evident seal, label, or packaging offers visual evidence if the product has been tampered with. For example, a shrink band around the top of a bottle would be missing if the product had been opened, or a label sealed over the lid of a bakery clamshell would be ripped. If those seals and labels are intact, you know the product is unaltered. There are also tamper-evident tapes that leave behind residue; that residue is your indication that the tape has been removed and replaced.
Tamper-resistant labels and packaging, on the other hand, are intended to discourage tampering by making it time-consuming or difficult. These types of packaging make it much harder to tamper with a product, but they may not leave any tell-tale signs if someone takes the time to fight through the tamper-resistant package.
Both types of packaging and labeling have their place in food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, and more. However, tamper-evident packaging may be more beneficial. Even though tamper-resistant packaging makes it harder to tamper with a product, it’s not a foolproof system, and if tampering does occur, the consumer might not be able to tell. Tamper-evident packaging gives the consumer a visual way to confirm the product has or hasn’t been tampered with.
NADCO’s Custom Adhesive Food Tampering Labels
For decades, NADCO has been a trusted supplier of custom printed tapes and labels, including custom food labels and tamper-evident labels. When you work with us, you enjoy:
- Superior Custom Capabilities: Your project starts with our in-house design team. We collaborate with our clients to create custom solutions that match their unique specifications.
- Reduced Lead Times: From design to full-service manufacturing, we keep the entire process in-house so we don’t waste time waiting on parts from other facilities. This allows for efficient production and reduced lead times, and it boosts our accountability.
- Consistent Quality and Service: We’re committed to upholding strict industry standards for quality, and because we’re not bouncing your project back and forth between vendors, we can control the level of quality and service—it will meet the same high standards every time you work with us.
- Customization: This is our specialty! We can manufacture tapes and label products up to 20 inches wide in materials like vinyl, film, metal foil, cloth, and more, and we can print a four-color process or up to seven spot colors.
With a creative research and development team that can help you develop a new product and a customer care team that treats every client like family, we’re equipped to help you with all your adhesive needs. Contact us for more information on custom food labels and tamper-evident labels, or request a quote for your project. If you can imagine it, NADCO can make it stick.
Over the years, many companies offshored their manufacturing operations to take advantage of lower materials and labor costs. That decision was never without risk, and those risks came to light during COVID-19.
One survey by Everstream (formerly Resilience360) found that 98 percent of global supply chains suffered during the pandemic. Consumers and essential workers faced shortages of everything from personal protective equipment to toilet paper, pharmaceuticals and semiconductors to bread and flour. Supply chain interruptions and delays led to long waits and higher costs, and it has made many companies rethink their offshoring practices.
Reshoring initiatives have been gaining steam over the last few years, but the pandemic accelerated them. Manufacturers are looking to onshore their operations to improve supply chain management and quality control, lower transportation costs, eliminate import tariffs, and reduce their carbon footprint.
What Are We Seeing in 2021 With Reshoring?
The 2020 Data Report by the Reshoring Initiative indicated a rise in reshoring, which is expected to continue well into this year and beyond. The benefits are enormous: with 83 percent of manufacturers in North America now “likely” or “extremely likely” to reshore, it could boost the economy by $443 billion if those manufacturers each add just one domestic supplier to their contracts.
The process could provide thousands or even millions of jobs for Americans—there are still about five million manufacturing jobs located offshore. Bringing some or all of them back to the United States could reduce the trade deficit, boost the economy, and support the local communities where these facilities will be located.
What Are the Key Benefits of Reshoring Your Supply Chain?
Bringing your manufacturing operations and supply chain closer to home offers a number of benefits for your company, your customers, your community, and the national economy:
It’s hard to oversee daily operations when they’re half a world away, and often operating under different restrictions and quality standards. This becomes especially important for critical industries like healthcare, automotive and aerospace, military, and technology, where lesser quality products can put people’s lives in danger. When your supply chain is in the same part of the world as you are, you can keep a better eye on what’s happening, and you can make changes more quickly if you notice an error.
Because offshore manufacturing requires finished products to spend a long time in transit, it’s hard to make revisions when you notice an error. By the time you see a mistake, you already have another shipment in route. Furthermore, long shipping routes feature more opportunities for delays and lost products.
Bringing more jobs back to the U.S. gives companies an opportunity to take advantage of a highly skilled and motivated workforce while further developing these workers and giving them the space to innovate. When a manufacturing company is the keystone of a community, it brings the entire community together and develops loyalty and commitment among the employees.
Avoiding Complicated Taxes and Tariffs
There’s a lot of uncertainty around current and future trade deals, and global relationships are rarely simple. High tariffs hurt your company and your customers, and they’re probably not going to disappear any time soon.
Why You Should Reshore With NADCO Solutions
For years, NADCO has specialized in custom adhesive solutions for clients in a wide range of industries. We’re committed to providing high-quality tapes and labels and supplementary services to meet all your adhesive needs.
With short lead times, consistent product quality, and around-the-clock customer support, our team is here to help you find the best solution—or to create a new one perfectly suited to you and your company. Our custom services are available for orders both large and small.
U.S. manufacturing is on the rise, and we’re proud to be a part of it. After starting our company in New Hampshire decades ago, we’ve been based in Sarasota, Florida since 2005 as a domestic partner for our long-time clients. We look forward to working with new clients who are ready to keep their supply chains closer to home for the benefit of your company and your customers. Contact us for more information about our custom tapes and labels or to place your order.
Whether used to seal packages, mark safety hazards, or patch damaged boats, adhesive tape is critical to many industrial functions. While standard adhesive tapes are highly versatile, with material options suited to almost any application, custom tapes offer manifold benefits for companies with specific needs. For instance, custom-printed tape is an affordable way to differentiate a brand’s packaging or to label equipment with important precautions. Custom tapes can also accommodate more specialized features such as anti-slip texturing or antimicrobial coatings.
At NADCO, we specialize in single-source solutions for custom adhesive tapes of all kinds. With our comprehensive prototyping, printing, and die-cutting services, we fulfill challenging custom tape orders in-house and to precise specifications.
In this guide, we outline some of the primary capabilities of custom tapes, including their composition and applications. However, if you have specific questions about your requirements, the adhesive experts at NADCO would be happy to guide you.
Common Types of Custom Adhesive Tapes
Custom adhesive tapes are varied to suit their diverse applications. A range of materials are available, from simple paper to sturdy vinyl, with options to suit diverse functional and aesthetic requirements. Some of the most common types of custom adhesive tape include the following:
- Paper Tapes: Paper tapes are among the most common and the most versatile, varyingly used for sealing, marking, labeling, and masking. Their popularity comes from their low cost combined with their ease of customization. Most paper tapes are easy to print on, with options for both matte and glossy finishes. Similarly, in terms of function, different papers enable varying degrees of strength, removability, and temperature resistance, so paper tapes can conform to diverse application requirements.
- Foil Tapes: Foil tapes are durable adhesives that can withstand exposure to harsh outdoor or industrial environments. The most common types of foil tape combine aluminum or copper foil (which may be either conductive or non-conductive) with a flexible adhesive backing. More specialized applications may call instead for lead or stainless steel foil. As a category, foil tapes tend to offer superior strength while conforming to irregular surfaces, making them an ideal choice for shielding or sealing electronics.
- Mylar Tapes: Mylar tapes are typically used for challenging surfaces such as heavy-duty industrial equipment. In such settings, mylar tape provides a strong seal with the dimensional stability to withstand vibrations, temperature fluctuations, and other stresses. In addition to their excellent performance characteristics, our mylar tapes use a brushed silver polyester to create a smooth, attractive finish that complements equipment bodies.
- Vinyl Tapes: Vinyl tapes are a common choice for labeling and striping, as well as for various OSHA applications. These tapes are available in vibrant colors for high visibility, with options for custom graphics and instructions when required. Functionally, vinyl tapes resist heat, corrosion, and bacteria, so they have the lasting power needed for critical safety applications.
Within these categories, NADCO offers further customization options regarding material and finish. Our adhesives team can walk you through these options to ensure your product is exactly right for you.
Key Applications of Custom Adhesive Tapes
Although adhesive tapes are often thought of as packaging materials, custom tapes find applications across manufacturing, medicine, retail, and other industries. By choosing a custom tape, industry professionals can achieve the precise combination of mechanical, chemical, and aesthetic characteristics that will suit their application. Some applications that benefit from custom tapes include:
- Labeling workplace hazards for an organized and OSHA-compliant environment
- Marking floors for proper social distancing
- Sealing and decorating packages with custom graphics
- Applying instructions to equipment or fragile packages
- Gently securing medical devices to sensitive skin
Simple adjustments to tape material and design make it easy and affordable to create solutions tailored to any of these applications.
Custom Adhesive Tape Benefits and Features
Although a carefully selected stock tape will serve most applications well, nothing compares to the utility of a completely customized solution. Some benefits of custom tapes over other options include:
- Opportunities to Distinguish Your Brand: Using custom tapes to seal packages is an economical way to set packaging apart and differentiate your brand from the competition. Paper tapes, in particular, allow marketers to attach high-fidelity logos and graphics that draw the eye and capture your brand image.
- Informative Text and Graphics: Custom tapes can bear exactly the message you need, whether it be transportation instructions for a package or information about traffic flow through a socially distanced facility. Custom adhesives are the only way to combine your exact message with the right tape medium for your application.
- Unbeatable Safety Features: Whether your application calls for tamper-resistance, anti-slip textures, or FDA-compliant composition, custom tapes ensure uncompromising performance in your specific setting. Also, when processing custom orders, batch numbers allow for traceability in sensitive medical or food-related applications, and custom graphics make it easy to distinguish genuine products from fakes.
- Maximum Convenience: Custom tapes reduce the need to trim or write on adhesives, saving time in facilities that use tape in repetitive applications.
These advantages give custom adhesives the edge in both cost and convenience, ensuring maximum ROI for clients with unique specifications.
NADCO’s Custom Adhesive Tape Capabilities
At NADCO, we’ve spent almost 30 years crafting industry-leading labels and adhesive tapes, offering tapes up to 20″ wide and clear prints with 4-color process or up to 7 spot colors. Drawing on our extensive in-house capabilities, we tailor our tapes to clients’ specific needs. Our custom tape process considers all facets of our client’s needs, including:
- Surface material and texture
- Tape color and opacity
- Environmental and chemical exposures
- Tension and frictional force
- Tape size and quantity
Whether you’re seeking printed or non-printed tape made from paper, vinyl, or foil, NADCO can help.
Get Started on Your Custom Tape Solution With NADCO
When you need a custom adhesive tape, it’s critical to choose a provider who can handle your needs with minimal outsourcing or delays. NADCO’s expert design and in-house manufacturing guarantee that you will receive timely and high-quality services at every stage of the development process. To learn more about how our custom tape offerings can save you time and money, contact our team today.
You probably see marking or reflective tapes used throughout your facility and don’t give it much thought. After all, you already know there’s a step-down here or a potentially dangerous piece of equipment there, so it might seem like the tape isn’t doing much help to you. However, it plays an incredibly important role in the workplace.
Marking tape is applied to facility surfaces for a variety of purposes, including drawing attention to a hazard, identifying uneven surfaces or low clearances, marking boundaries and pathways, outlining emergency exit plans, and more. It often has reflective properties, which make it stand out from surrounding surfaces, so facility workers and visitors notice it and the information it is conveying.
Types of Reflective Tapes
There are many types of reflective tape available, each of which varies with regard to brightness and other features to suit different applications. For example:
- Engineer-grade reflective tape. This high-quality, high-gloss tape is made from an enclosed lens retro reflective material. It is pressure-sensitive, adhering to various flat surfaces. While it was originally designed for use on vehicles to improve visibility during nighttime driving, it is also used on road signs.
- High-intensity reflective tape. This high-quality, high-gloss tape is made from microprismatic retro reflective material. It is highly durable, withstanding temperatures between -40° F to 180° F. It is typically good for a decade before it needs to be replaced due to wear and tear.
Common Applications for Reflective Tape
Reflective tape can be used in many different applications, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Sewing reflective tape to the outside of a jacket, pants, or shirt can increase your visibility while working or walking in high-traffic or low-light areas.
- Vehicles, trailers, bikes, and motorcycles. These pieces of equipment generally already have reflectors. However, many people add reflective tape to the back or sides of them for extra visibility.
- Objects near driveways and in parking lots. Handrails, low fences, and other barriers can be difficult to notice, especially if you’re in an unfamiliar parking lot or driveway. Reflective tape can highlight these objects as you navigate a narrow parking lot or a curved driveway.
- Reflective tape can protect your mailbox from being hit by unaware drivers or bicyclists, especially if it is close to the road or partially or completely hidden.
- Boats and ships. Reflective tape on the deck and the outside of the craft can help passengers and other boats avoid accidents involving out-jutting parts and protruding edges.
Why Should You Use Reflective Tape in the Workplace?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other government agencies require industrial and commercial facilities to mark floors and other potentially hazardous locations with tape to prevent workplace injury. The tape markings inform facility employees and visitors of dangers they may encounter within the facility and how to avoid them, which can result in improved workplace safety.
Other purposes of reflective safety tapes in workplaces include:
- Guiding the flow of traffic within the facility
- Highlighting pathways to entrances/exits when the power is out
- Increasing worker visibility with patches on clothing and PPE
Partner With NADCO for Your Reflective Tape Needs Today
Reflective tapes are essential to ensuring safety and visibility in the workplace. Want to learn more about this product? Ask the experts at NADCO. Equipped with nearly 30 years of experience supplying tapes and other adhesive products, we can answer and address almost any question or concern you may have. If you’re looking to partner with us for your reflective tape needs, request a quote.