Slips, trips, and falls are common accidents that occur across a variety of industries caused by factors such as wet areas, freshly cleaned surfaces, or uneven elevations. These incidences can lead to fractures, concussions, sprains, strains, cuts, and bruises, impacting workers’ performance and leading to possible downtime. To mitigate these risks and maintain workplace safety, companies can implement anti-slip tape in both indoor and outdoor areas.
What Are Anti-Slip Tapes?
Also called traction or non-skid tape, anti-slip tapes increase friction between a person’s shoe and the ground’s surface. Strong adhesive tapes are backed with a permanent fixative to keep them in place in even challenging environments. They provide an extremely durable safety measure for secure footing in a variety of situations.
Businesses have discovered that adding anti-slip tapes in their retail and industrial locations is a wise investment as it can prevent expensive accidents in the future. It can also attract attention to a risky situation and alert people to walk with caution.
What Are Common Industry Applications for Anti Slip Tapes?
Anti-slip tapes are useful in a variety of industries and settings. Various workplaces utilize this safety tape, including manufacturing facilities, warehouses, hospitals, and schools. Common applications include:
- Building entrances. Anti-slip tapes add an extra layer of protection for those entering from wet or rainy conditions. They are often used in
- retail shops, hotels, restaurants, and many others.
- They protect against slips on pedestrian walkways and garage surfaces due to water runoff, dripped, oil, mud, or other debris from cars.
- Kitchen/food service. Slip and fall injuries are common in kitchens and dining areas where food, beverages, oils, or other liquids can spill. Additionally, floor drains can stop up, or pipes under sinks can leak, adding additional risk. Placing anti-slip tapes around the workspace can prevent injuries caused by slick surfaces.
- Loading docks. High traffic areas like loading docks, ledges, and ramps can become slippery when wet, particularly when moving heavy loads.
- Manufacturing floors. From food processing to woodcutting facilities, anti-slip tape can prevent falls from wet or dry debris. It is essential to evaluate the various areas in the facility that could present fall risks.
- Anti-slip tape adds extra traction for uneven elevations that are made even riskier for employees or visitors when wet.
- Anti-slip tapes on staircases prevent falls and associated injuries.
What Are Some Key Benefits of Anti Slip Tapes?
Anti-slip tapes provide many benefits. They increase bonding and cushioning between the bottom of a shoe or boot and a walking surface. Having noticeable, brightly patterned tape is crucial for attracting awareness to zones that could be prone to tripping or slipping. There are even glow-in-the-dark anti-slip tapes to increase safety and awareness in dark areas.
Other benefits of anti-slip tapes include:
- They are easy to apply to virtually any surface.
- These tapes have a heavy-duty adhesive to increase longevity.
- They are resilient enough for high-traffic areas.
- Anti-slip tapes work for indoor and outdoor uses.
- They are resistant to water and chemicals.
- Glow capabilities for low light situations provide protection where other tapes would not.
- They meet OSHA standards.
- They can be customized.
Custom Tape From NADCO
Slips, trips, and falls are some of the most common causes of injuries, costing businesses billions each year. However, these types of incidences are easily preventable with the use of traction tapes. Non-skid tape from NADCO can be customized to the area, use, and industry.
Whether you want to call attention to zones that require extra care when navigating or add a hidden layer of safety in areas that are slick, wet, or uneven, we have the tape you need. Please contact us today for questions or to learn more about our products and capabilities.
Closed cell foam tape is useful in a number of applications. Its unique structure doesn’t allow air, fluids, or solid particles to pass through, making it effective for soundproofing, protective packaging, sealing and padding face shields and masks, and more. It serves its purpose as a measure of safety as well as comfort in certain applications.
This foam tape can be made from polyethylene, neoprene, PVC, nitrile foam rubber, EVA, or SBR foam rubber. The density of these materials gives them stronger resistance to moisture and air, which makes them cost-effective in the long run despite a potentially higher upfront cost. Below, our team at NADCO delves into the top advantages for using this kind of tape.
1. Closed Cell Foam Tape Is Cost Effective
Even though the materials themselves may cost more than less durable alternatives, closed cell foam tapes can be formed and cut with extreme precision, which limits waste and reduces materials costs. Precise measurements allow us to deliver large rolls of tape while reducing overhead costs to keep your initial investment as low as possible.
Over time, the value of using a high-quality closed cell foam tape becomes even more apparent. It’s effective over a long life span, and you’ll be spending less money on repairs and replacements in the future.
2. Closed Cell Foam Tape Is Moisture Resistant
While open cell foam tapes are lightweight and flexible—which is appropriate for a number of applications—they don’t block fluids the way closed cell foam tapes do. That makes the closed cell version the industrial tape of choice for any application where moisture resistance is important, including in the HVAC, automotive, medical, construction, and marine industries.
With densities around two to three pounds per cubic foot range, closed cell materials are durable and tough. You can choose an adhesive that’s resistant to UV light and corrosion while offering protection against vibration, dust, and more. These tapes are often used for sealing gaps (around windows and doors, for example), protective packaging, gasketing, and shock absorption, as well as waterproofing.
3. Closed Cell Foam Tape Is Flexible & Adaptable
This high-density foam tape is made for environments that demand adaptability along with reliability. Despite its ability to expand and contract with changes in temperature and pressure, closed cell foam tape continues to hold its bond. This is a huge advantage over more traditional fastening options, since the majority of those will eventually loosen after repeated expansion and contraction. It’s a go-to solution in environments that experience extreme or frequent temperature changes.
Closed cell foam tape is easily customizable as well. From double-sided adhesive to resistant linings and specialized materials, your tape can be created specifically to meet your unique needs.
Learn More About Closed Cell Foam Tape
NADCO is a custom manufacturer of closed cell foam tape and a variety of other adhesive tapes and labels for use in a number of industries and applications. With nearly 30 years of experience and a 35,000-square-foot facility, we’re equipped to handle orders of all sizes and complexities.
The three key benefits (and so many potential uses) of closed cell foam tape mean it’s always in demand, perhaps now more than ever with the increased need for personal protective equipment. Contact us to discover more about the benefits of adhesive foam tape, custom PPE, and more.
Foil adhesive tapes are an extremely versatile and durable solution for rugged and harsh applications. Reliable adhesion, good thermal/electrical conductivity, and resistances to chemicals, humidity, and UV radiation make foil tape one of the most popular options for military, aerospace, and industrial applications — particularly in outdoor operations.
At NADCO Tapes and Labels, Inc., we specialize in the development and production of custom tapes and labels for use in nearly any industry. With more than 30 years of experience, we have developed innovative adhesive tape solutions to withstand a broad range of extreme conditions. Our foil tapes are custom-manufactured for situational requirements using a variety of foil materials and designs.
What are the Key Materials Used and Their Applications?
Foil tapes are available from a wide range of materials, including aluminum, lead, copper, and steel.
- Aluminum tapes. Aluminum tapes incorporate aluminum foil and reliable adhesives into a highly durable tape that conforms easily to uneven surfaces. With high resistances to moisture, vapor, and temperature fluctuations, aluminum tape can provide a barrier over thermal insulation, such as aluminum-backed duct board and fiberglass. It is often used in packaging to protect sensitive contents from moisture intrusion and temperature fluctuations during shipping.
- Copper tapes. Copper foil tapes can be manufactured in conductive and non-conductive variants. Available in lined and unlined designs, copper tape offers a high level of chemical and weather resistance, making it perfect for use in outdoor communication cable wrapping and electrostatic shielding.
- Lead tapes. Lead tapes are uniquely suited for masking applications in chemical mills, x-ray applications, and electroplating. They offer excellent moisture resistance and sometimes see use as a moisture barrier around windows and doors.
- Stainless steel tapes. Valued for its exceptional strength and corrosion resistance, stainless steel foil tape is used in applications that require an adhesive tape product with superior durability and the ability to conform easily to corners and uneven surfaces. Often found in outdoor applications, stainless steel tape resists UV radiation, thermal fluctuations, wear, and corrosion.
5 Key Benefits of Foil Tape
Foil tape provides a number of advantages for critical industries and applications. Here are five of the primary benefits offered by foil tape:
- Extreme cold and heat resistance. Foil tape with any metal presents a high level of temperature versatility. Our extensive selection of foil tapes can withstand temperatures from -22°F to 248°F and can be applied to products in temperatures from 14°F to 104°F. Unlike traditional adhesive tapes that will harden and perform poorly in cold temperatures, foil tapes retain adhesion even in freezing temperatures.
- Extended service life. Our foil tapes are manufactured using state-of-the-art acrylic adhesive technology, which offers exceptional cohesion, adhesion, and thermal stability. Foil tapes perform better over time compared with standard rubber adhesives, making them ideal for limited access applications where replacement is difficult, such as insulation or drainage layers in new construction.
- Moisture resistance. The moisture resistance of foil tapes makes them well suited to use in the marine industry, where they can be applied to patching without becoming waterlogged or losing adhesion. The moisture resistance of foil tapes is so superior that Scientific American once suggested it could be used to manufacture a boat that could carry cargo.
- Resistant to harsh chemicals. Foil tape is especially resistant to harsh chemicals, which makes it ideal in extreme conditions where saltwater, oil, fuel, and corrosive chemicals are found. For this reason, it is often employed by the Navy to protect wheels, windows, and seams during paint stripping. It is also used to seal equipment used for anodizing and electroplating applications.
- Recyclable. Aluminum foil tape is recyclable and requires only 5% of the energy needed for its initial production for recycling. This makes it one of the most sustainable adhesive tape materials on the market.
Working with an Industry Leader like NADCO
As one of the industry’s premier providers of custom adhesive tape products and labels, NADCO maintains a reputation for exceptional quality adhesive solutions. Our 35,000-square-foot warehouse allows us to maintain a comprehensive stock of adhesive tapes and labels suitable for nearly any application. Our facility features state-of-the-art equipment that allows us to manufacture custom-printed tapes and labels up to 20 inches wide with four-color processing or up to seven spot colors.
We maintain ISO 9001:2015 quality certification and our shipping capabilities include everything from local delivery to international freight. No matter what your project requires, you can rest assured that NADCO’s adhesive tapes and labels will meet and exceed the most stringent industry standards and customer expectations. Our extensive selection of foil tapes can be custom-designed to meet the particular needs of even the most extreme applications.
To learn more about our foil tapes and other adhesive products, contact us today!
Paper tape—also sometimes referred to as masking tape—is a broad category of tapes that encompasses all water-activated adhesive tapes with paper backing materials (e.g., flatback paper, crepe paper, tissue paper, fish paper, Kraft papers, and clay-coat paper). These tapes are available in many variations—differing with regard to color, tensile strength, temperature tolerance, removability, and more—to suit different applications.
Paper tapes offer a number of benefits that make them suitable for use in various industrial and commercial applications, such as:
1. Paper tapes are compatible with many surface materials.
Paper tapes can adhere to a variety of surface materials, including, but not limited to, paper, fabric, wood, metal, corrugated cardboard, plastic, and film. This quality enables them to be used in many applications, such as carton packing and sealing, floor marking, color coding and labeling, and paint masking.
2. Paper tapes are tamper-evident.
Many industries utilize paper tapes as labels due to their tamper-evident properties. Tamper-evident labels are used to ensure product safety and security by allowing consumers to identify if a product has experienced tampering. They are commonly employed in the food and beverage and pharmaceutical industries as product tampering can lead to consumer illness and, in severe cases, consumer death.
3. Paper tapes are highly durable.
Paper tapes maintain their integrity in a variety of environmental conditions. They are not affected by changes in temperature or humidity or exposure to dust and dirt. As a result, they are suitable for use in a wide range of application environments.
4. Paper tapes are available in a variety of strengths.
Paper tapes are manufactured with varying properties to suit different needs. For example, users can adjust the tensile strength and the adhesive strength to fit the application. Paper tapes can be used for everything ranging from paint masking to sealing heavy packages as long as the end-user chooses one with the right tensile strength and adhesive strength.
Paper Tapes From NADCO
At NADCO® Tapes & Labels, we specialize in the supply of tapes and other adhesive products. One of our core product offerings is paper/masking tape. These products are available in a variety of materials and finishes to accommodate the strength, removability, printability, and other needs of a wide range of applications.
Our paper and masking tape offerings include:
- General-purpose masking tapes
- Moisture-resistant masking tapes
- Printable rope paper tapes
- Paper identification tapes
Reflective tape is a strong and durable adhesive that provides a great solution for clearly marking areas or objects. This pressure-sensitive, engineering grade tape is easy to see and stands up to adverse weather conditions such as heat and moisture. With new regulations requiring businesses to arrange their spaces to allow for social distancing, restaurants and bars can utilize reflective tape to differentiate between outdoor waiting and eating areas.
Key Benefits to Using Reflective Tapes For Your Business
There are many benefits of using reflective tapes for your restaurant or bar. You can add reflective tape to designate additional outdoor seating, or a parklet, in front of your business, creating a space for customers to sit and enjoy the surrounding neighborhood street life.
Since parklets and expanded outdoor seating are often placed in parking lots, it is important to use reflective tape to mark off those areas so that drivers know not to park or drive there. Using reflective tape on soft-hit posts is an ideal way to mark off pedestrian walkways in these areas, allowing for traffic control and increased visibility, especially at night.
Since all businesses are required to follow social distancing guidelines, reflective tape can mark where tables and chairs will go in outdoor seating areas as well indicate spots where customers will wait to be seated.
Reflective Tapes from NADCO
At NADCO, our reflective tapes are extremely durable and provide excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces. We offer three sheeting grades, including:
- Regular. This acrylic prismatic reflective film is good on metal or painted metal surfaces and will last up to seven years through temperatures ranging from -10° F to +160° F. It’s available in white or red/white stripes and is commonly used on vehicles.
- Engineer. This high gloss tape is pressure sensitive and is ideal for use on flat surfaces only and should not be used on unpainted stainless steel. Available in a variety of colors, engineer grade sheeting is ideal for permanent traffic signs.
- High-Intensity. This grade of reflective tape is high gloss, pressure sensitive, and warranted for 10 years when properly applied on flat surfaces. Like engineer grade sheeting, it can withstand temperatures ranging from -40° F to 180° F. It’s available in a variety of colors, and its high reflectivity makes it suitable in a variety of demanding environments and applications.
These products are great for nighttime vehicle recognition, traffic signs, and other demanding traffic control situations where high visibility is crucial. Our selection of reflective tapes is guaranteed to meet your brightness requirements.
Let NADCO Be Your Reflective Tape Provider
If you own a restaurant or bar, reflective tapes are a simple, cost-effective solution for your social distancing efforts. NADCO has created custom tapes and labels for over two decades and prides itself on providing excellent customer service. Contact us today to learn more about our products.
COVID-19 has necessitated implementing defensive strategies to keep not only ourselves but also others as safe as possible. One of the most essential preventive tactics is social distancing. Reducing airborne contamination is one of the keys to stopping the spread of coronavirus. However, it can be hard to visually judge safe distances and learn new habits without guidance.
Directional flow tapes are one way to help the public learn safe distances to prevent the spread of infection. Social distancing decals for COVID-19 can be used to mark spots to wait in lines and indicate entry and exit points. They are meant to be easily seen when placed on floors and allow safe, unimpeded movement with appropriate distancing.
How Tapes and Adhesives Have Helped During COVID-19
As the world tries to contain the spread of the virus, manufacturers have rallied to shift production to meet the emerging needs. Several innovative tape and adhesive products have been developed, which give retailers and essential businesses a way to provide goods and services while protecting their customers.
Social Distancing Tapes
Low-profile, brightly colored social distancing tape offers much-needed guidance when measured proximity is critical. It allows customers to see where the traffic pattern should flow as well as where to wait to maintain the recommended six-foot distances between others. The colors are eye-catching, and hazard stripes are a universal warning sign that doesn’t require wording to be understood. Businesses can customize the messaging to give more instruction for safe distancing.
Packaging/Shipping Products During COVID-19
There have been many shortages during the pandemic due to illness, stay-at-home orders, and the redistribution of materials used in critical personal protective equipment and medical supplies, including acrylic packing supplies. Shipping is more critical than ever for everything from household products to food to medical supplies. Hot melt tapes are helping to bridge the gap to make sure that packages stay sealed for sanitation and safety.
Many frontline workers and first responders are working without adequate protection, and specialty tapes and adhesives are needed to help supply the desperate PPE need. Unbroken seals must be maintained for protective devices to effectively prevent contamination and infection from entering between the soft materials and hard plastic. Tapes and adhesives are used to create clear face shields that prevent droplets from entering the eyes and mucous membranes. Depending on the type of material, they can also be used for other types of protective masks to provide a secure and comfortable fit.
Key Benefits to Using Tapes and Adhesives to Fight COVID-19
Keeping essential workers and the rest of the population safe in public settings while preventing the further spread of the pandemic is top of mind in every industry. From warehouses to production facilities, gas stations to supermarkets, and government offices to medical facilities, the need for guidance, education, and messaging is urgent where people must be in the same space. There are many advantages of using tapes and adhesives in the fight against coronavirus:
- They do not impede movement like physical barriers, yet the bright colors and markings are noticeable.
- Low profile means low risk of tripping or falling while still providing explicit instruction for maintaining a safe distance.
- They are an inexpensive way to provide signage and distancing guidance.
- They are removable when needs change.
- The messaging is customizable.
- Keeping people reminded of a safe six-foot social distance reduces the likelihood of transmission and eases the strain on the healthcare system.
Tapes and Adhesives From NADCO
NADCO is an industry-leading specialist in the design, manufacture, and delivery of custom pressure-sensitive tapes and labels. We create our tapes using both liner and over-lamination products to stand up to heat, high traffic, and harsh conditions. Our directional flow arrow tape meets all OSHA/ANSI requirements. We can customize any of our products to meet your specifications.
Let Us Help You With Your COVID-19 Tape and Adhesive Supplies
It is going to take diligence, commitment, and constant education to eradicate the risk of infection from COVID-19. When people have no choice but to be around others, they must have clear messaging and guidance for maintaining safe distances while traversing retail stores, medical offices, and workplaces. NADCO is committed to helping you by providing a cost-efficient, high-visibility way to guide pedestrian traffic in your facility.
We want to help make your workplace safer for you, your employees, and your customers. For more information about our products, contact us today.
Businesses have always understood the importance of ensuring a safe environment for customers and employees, but in light of the pandemic, companies in all industries have new considerations when it comes to safety. Many have ramped up cleaning protocols and are doing their best to enforce social distancing, so they can continue to operate safely.
When it comes to social distancing for businesses, a simple way to help your customers and employees stay at least six feet apart is to mark the floor with tapes and adhesives and install instructional signage. You can outline the areas that are safe, highlight where to stand, indicate traffic flow directions, and more. In the age of COVID-19, adhesives are playing a big role in creating safe spaces.
Use Ground Marking Tapes for Social Distancing
Placing adhesives six feet apart on the ground where people tend to line up or congregate is a clear way to indicate where people should stand to maintain their distance. You’ll see these marks in retail stores, bank lines, gym floors, outdoor recreational areas, and more. Don’t leave it up to someone’s best guess about what it means to follow social distancing.
These ground-marking tapes are inexpensive and incredibly easy to apply. By choosing high-quality tapes with adequate resistance, you can expect your marks to last for months. 3M™ 471 vinyl strips are an excellent choice for many reasons, such as:
- They offer strong adhesion on many surfaces, including irregular surfaces.
- They’re resistant to water and abrasion for long-lasting use.
- They can be applied quickly and easily.
- They’re available in a wide range of colors to suit your space and application.
- They don’t leave residue when they’re removed.
Implement Directional Flow Tapes in Your Establishment
Without guidance, people are bound to cross or bump into each other at some point. Directional flow tapes allow you to establish traffic flow so everyone’s walking in the same direction, making it easier to maintain six feet of distance from the person in front of you.
You can use these arrows to indicate entrances and exits, the flow of traffic through the aisles, which stairs to take up and which to take down, and how to approach and leave a desk or counter.
Create Displays Using Tapes and Adhesives
Educational displays, like sandwich boards and freestanding signs and banners, can be created with tapes and adhesives and positioned at your business entrance, the service counter, or the restrooms. They’re ideal in any area where you’d like to remind people of social distancing guidelines or any special instructions that might be important at your facility. That could include information about capacity limits, foot traffic directions, hygiene guidelines, temperature-taking and health questionnaire protocols, and more.
You can offer the same information with adhesive signs on doors, walls, and windows. Whether you use standing displays, adhesive signs, or both may depend upon the layout of your building/room, how many people go through your building each day, and more.
Provide Protective Windows and Screens at Checkout
Many businesses are using transparent barriers as physical protection between customers and employees or between coworkers. This allows them to be as close as they need to be for financial exchanges or discussions and team projects without putting each other at risk.
These protective windows have to be assembled and carefully secured before use, and adhesives can help. Instead of using screws, clamps, or rivets, which are unsightly, take longer to install, and may make a mess, 3M VHB adhesives were created for this purpose. They’re strong enough to uphold these partitions. The viscoelastic acrylic adhesive is durable and temperature resistant; it’s designed to last, making it an ideal choice for permanent projects.
For over three decades, NADCO has been offering custom-printed tapes and labels for businesses all over the country. Our creative team can help you with product design as you order the adhesive solutions you need to maintain social distancing for businesses.
Contact us to learn more about our adhesive tape and label products and how we can serve your business.
In the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and other similar crises, one of the greatest defensive weapons is social distancing. The preventative strategy allows public figures and private citizens to help stop the spread of pathogens, reducing the number of affected people and, consequently, the strain on the healthcare system. While social isolation (i.e., completely isolating oneself from others) would likely be more effective than social distancing at minimizing and/or eliminating the rate of transmission, it is not a sustainable solution since day-to-day operations (e.g., working and food shopping) are still essential.
In essential businesses where contact with others is largely unavoidable (e.g., banks, grocery stores, and warehouses), many facility owners and managers are implementing social distancing measures to prevent unnecessary or excessive contact between people. For example, they are applying directional flow social distancing floor decals in their facility to help employees and customers abide by social distancing guidelines (i.e., a minimum of 6 feet where possible).
The following blog post provides an overview of directional flow tapes, outlining what they are, what benefits they offer social distancing applications, and what product capabilities are available at NADCO.
What Are Directional Flow Tapes?
As suggested by the name, directional flow tapes are tapes used to direct the flow of foot traffic. They generally feature a directional arrow and/or text (e.g., “ENTER”, “EXIT”, or “ONE WAY”). They are designed to be placed on the floor of the facility and positioned such that they point in the direction that traffic should proceed. For example, in grocery stores, they show customers where to enter, how to proceed through the store, and where to exit.
Benefits of Using Directional Flow Tapes for Social Distancing Applications
The recent global outbreak of COVID-19 has led to an increase in the importance of directional flow tape. Its main functions are maintaining order and organization within a facility and marking out a clear path for customers, both of which help enforce social distancing by keeping foot traffic separate and in motion. When used properly, it can lead to lower transmission rates and safer conditions for employees and customers.
Directional Flow Tapes From NADCO
At NADCO® Tape & Labels, we specialize in the design, manufacture, and delivery of custom pressure-sensitive tapes and labels. Equipped with over three decades of industry experience and a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, we have what it takes to produce adhesives tapes, labels, and other products for nearly any customer need. One of our core product offerings is directional flow arrow tape, which currently plays a critical role in the fight against COVID-19.
Our directional flow tape features an arrow that points in the direction of flow. It is made from a unique combination of liner and over-lamination materials that protect it against harsh facility conditions (e.g., heat and cold). Material options include aluminum, cloth, copper foil, foam, paper, polypropylene film, PVC film, and vinyl. It is also available in several standard colors and sizes (all of which comply with OSHA/ANSI requirements) and completely customizable to meet highly specific customer needs. While it is generally used on piping to indicate the flow of material, it can also be applied to facility floors to organize and control the flow of traffic for better compliance with social distancing guidelines.
Contact Us today to learn more about our directional flow tapes and how they can benefit your facility!
Gaffer’s tape and duct tape are multi-purpose, pressure-sensitive adhesive materials, each with their own distinctions. Both gaffer’s tape and duct tape offer strong holding capabilities due to their fabric reinforcement design, but the best choice tape will depend on the intended application. Below is a guide to help you decide which one will work best for your specific project.
What Is Gaffer’s Tape?
Gaffer’s tape, also referred to as gaff tape, is a heavy-duty vinyl-coated, cotton pressure-sensitive tape that is often used in film production or for live shows. It’s very durable and does not wear down easily from foot traffic, which makes it an excellent choice for marking stage positions. Gaffer’s tape is non-reflective and usually keeps its shape better than duct tape. Its no-residue removal makes it ideal for situations when a temporary adhesive is needed. It also does not leave sticky adhesive on surfaces or cause damage, such as pulling paint off of walls.
What Is Duct Tape?
Duct tape is a polyethylene coated, cloth pressure-sensitive tape well known for its versatility and strength. It is coated with a polyethylene resin on one side and an aggressive, rubber-based adhesive on the other. Duct tape’s unique property of a cloth backing gives it its durability while still being able to be torn easily and applied to a variety of surfaces. It is also often recognized by its reflective, shiny finish.
Gaffer’s Tape vs. Duct Tape
Gaffer’s tape and duct tape are both used for a range of applications due to their versatility. However, there are some important differences to keep in mind when choosing the right tape for your project.
- Duct tape will leave behind a sticky residue when removed from an object or surface, whereas gaffer’s tape leaves the surfaces and items to which it is applied residue-free.
- Gaffer’s tape is more heat resistant than duct tape.
- Duct tape has a fabric strength backing.
- Gaffer’s tape is easily torn by hand, whereas some duct tape must be cut with scissors or knives.
- Duct tape is highly reflective, whereas gaffer’s tape has a low gloss or matte finish.
- Gaffer’s tape is best for temporary or removable adhesive solutions, whereas duct tape is best for permanent or semi-permanent solutions.
- Duct tape is less expensive than gaffer’s tape.
Industry Applications: Gaffer’s Tape vs. Duct Tape
Common Uses of Gaffer’s Tape
Gaffer’s tape is flexible enough to be used on almost any shape or surface, which makes it ideal for a variety of uses. It is a popular choice for the arts and entertainment industry and the following common uses:
- Position marking, often on a stage in a theater setting
- Managing cables in production studios
- Marking hazardous areas such as inclines, flights of stairs, etc.
- Repairing of bus seats
Common Uses of Duct Tape
Duct tape is used for many household fixes as well as:
- Vinyl repair
- Abrasion protection
- Bundling wire, metals, or plastics
- Color coding
- Quality waterproof packaging
- Ductwork sealing
- Seaming applications
NADCO Offers Both Gaffer’s Tape and Duct Tape
NADCO is known as a top-rated company for high-quality tapes and adhesives. We offer both gaffer’s tape and duct tape to help you in all your sticky situations.
Types of gaffer’s tape NADCO offers include:
- VCC 125 Premium Vinyl-Coated Cloth Gaffer Adhesive Tapes
- CGT-80 Gaffer Low Gloss Finish Adhesive Tapes
Types of duct tape include:
Although duct tape and gaffer’s tape have some similar features, they cannot be used interchangeably. Do you need help deciding on the best tape for your project?
Contact Us to help you choose the tape that will best fit your needs. Trust the tape experts at NADCO for high-quality tape and adhesives you can rely on.
Antimicrobial film is used to protect workers and products from the spread of pathogenic contaminants such as bacteria, mildew, and fungi. The film incorporates a green-colored, high-gloss top coat that contains antimicrobial Agion technology.
Antimicrobial film is broadly used in medical facilities, food production, and service industry settings to improve customer safety, reduce the risk of microbial contamination, and enhance workplace cleanliness. It has been particularly useful for medical facilities during the COVID-19 outbreak, as it helps to prevent the spread of bacteria and other pathogens that can create additional complications in an already challenging situation.
What Is Antimicrobial Film?
Antimicrobial film is a 48 gauge PET plastic film coated in antimicrobial Agion material that can be added to the surface of a variety of materials. It is often applied to tapes and labels for safe and easy application to surfaces, and can also be used in food and medical packaging to protect products from mold and bacterial contamination.
Agion is made up of silver ions and zeolite, for a safe and non-toxic antimicrobial coating that can be used for daily activities. The silver and zeolite combination interrupts cell metabolism, prevents cell multiplication, and inhibits the membrane transport process between cells, thereby preventing the growth and transmission of pathogenic contaminants.
Antimicrobial Film Applications
Antimicrobial films offer an extra layer of protection from harmful microbes and pathogens. They are particularly useful for surfaces and areas that are shared by multiple individuals, such as countertops and touchscreens. In addition, antimicrobial film can be applied to individual products to inhibit microbe growth. Some of the most common applications of antimicrobial films include:
- Common and Multi-Use Surfaces
- Tape and Label Coating
- Communal Building Materials
- Insulation Products
- HVAC Products
- Cleanrooms and Controlled Environments
- Medical Products, Packaging, and Facilities
- Household and Commercial Appliances
- Computer Touch Screens, Keyboards, and Switches
Industries That Can Use Antimicrobial Films
Antimicrobial film can be used as a valuable protective surface coating on a broad range of materials, from metal and plastic to wood and glass. Its high level of versatility makes it useful for surface protection in various industries and applications, including:
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Industries
- Food and Beverage Production and Service
- HVAC Equipment
- Technology and Communications
- Appliances and Consumer Goods
How Antimicrobial Films Can Help COVID-19 Frontline Workers
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, antimicrobial films have seen significant use for frontline medical applications. Medical professionals can use antimicrobial films to protect surfaces throughout healthcare facilities to prevent the spread of bacteria, fungi, and other potential contaminants. With the high traffic and hectic pace common in medical facilities, the last thing medical professionals need to worry about is additional complications. Antimicrobial films work to reduce the potential for secondary infections from microbial contaminants, so medical professionals can focus on helping their patients without spreading additional pathogens.
Frontline medical workers who are working through the COVID-19 pandemic can use antimicrobial films for the following:
- Medical Product Packaging
- Protective Coating on Medical Supplies
- Screen Protectors
- Bed Trays and Surgical Trays
- IV Stands and Medical Monitoring Equipment
- Wall Coverings and Dividers
- Countertops and Shared Work Surfaces
Reliable Antimicrobial Films by NADCO
Antimicrobial films have a broad range of uses in a variety of industries. At NADCO, we are pleased to offer antimicrobial coatings for tape, labels, and other adhesive products. We have extensive experience in the manufacture of high quality industrial labels, safety decals, and customized stickers for many industries and applications. Our state-of-the-art facility allows us to create custom designed adhesive products to meet our customers’ specialized needs. All of our designs are handled in-house, and our experienced and knowledgeable designers work directly with clients to develop solutions that meet their specifications.
At NADCO, we understand that time is of the essence in today’s world, especially for our customers working on the front lines of the pandemic. Our full service manufacturing facilities ensure that we can design and produce your product with the utmost speed and efficiency. With our in-house production, you know that you can depend on a quality product straight from the source.
Contact Us today to learn more about NADCO’s antimicrobial film and adhesive solutions!