The construction industry is experiencing significant growth due to an uptick in government expenditures in large-scale infrastructure projects such as railways and highways and an increase in public-private partnerships for infrastructure development.
As a result, the demand for adhesive tapes has increased as they are valuable tools in the construction industry used to seal, bond, and fill gaps in construction applications.
Along with many other benefits, innovations in adhesive products allow building professionals to comply with new regulations requiring enhanced performance for building construction and cut construction costs by reducing installation and drying times.
Adhesive Industry Trends
Across the world, the adhesive tape market is expected to reach over $60 billion by the end of 2021. This increased demand is due in part to the rise in residential building construction. Adhesive tapes facilitate easy construction refurbishing and provide a level of aesthetic appeal which has grown increasingly important in recent years.
This peaked demand for adhesive tapes is due to the many advantages and capabilities they provide. Using adhesive tapes in construction not only saves money on installation but also reduces energy costs. Adhesive tapes are durable, lightweight, and proficient in meeting air sealing requirements.
Types of Adhesive Tapes Used in Construction and Municipal Applications
To optimize efficiency in construction projects, builders and contractors should educate themselves on the different types of tapes available.
Some of the most common adhesive tapes used in the construction and municipal industries include:
- Acrylic Adhesive Tapes: Acrylic adhesives are ideal for the construction industry due to their ability to withstand extreme temperatures and create airtight seals. This durable product’s adhesive properties get stronger over time.
- Masking Tape: This type of adhesive eliminates the need for cleaning and rework and improves efficiency by protecting surfaces from paint or damage. They are easy to install and remove and are suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Duct Tape: Duct tape is a durable solution that is often used to strap or bundle materials. It comes in a range of colors and is compatible with different surfaces and applications.
- Safety Barricade Tape: This is a non-adhesive tape that indicates hazardous areas. Specific messages can be printed on them to indicate the type of hazardous environment present.
- Foil Tapes: This foil-backed tape is designed to be malleable and conductive. Foil tapes are most commonly used in HVAC systems and to reflect light or heat.
- Double-sided Tape: With adhesive on both sides, double-sided tape bonds two surfaces together to more evenly distribute the stress load. This tape is compatible with a wide range of materials including glass, concrete, plastic, and more.
- Electrical Tapes: This durable tape is made from vinyl and is ideal for insulating electrical splices or bundling wire and cable.
Working With an Industry Leader Like NADCO, INC.
With over 25 years of experience, NADCO uses cutting-edge equipment and technology to deliver superior adhesive tapes to our clients in the construction industry.
We specialize in customizing adhesive tapes to fit specific applications and are committed to continuous improvement through research and development. If you can imagine it, NADCO® will make it stick.
Our commitment to quality is made evident by our numerous certifications, which include:
NADCO is proud to offer fully customizable solutions and reliable product quality while maintaining reduced lead times and low costs. Our durable adhesive tapes are easy to install and are extremely versatile with enhanced service life cycles.